
"If you're still in the process of raising children, beware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly-cleaned surface...

the toys scattered about the house...

the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled...

will disappear all too soon. And that you will, to your surprise, miss them profoundly."
-President Thomas S. Monson
There will come a day when she won't ask me to tuck her in, or creep out of bed to give me a hug and a kiss.
There will come a day when he won't throw his arms up and shout "Hug-ug-ug!!" before he settles in for a nap.
Someday, she won't beg me to read to her, and he won't ask to sit on my lap. Someday they won't ask me to play, or think I'm funny.
But today, they do. And today is what I cherish.
7 comments:
oh geez that makes me want to cry. i loved your pics along with the quote, that is awesome.
Awww! That was beautiful, Sarah! What a way to really bring the lesson home! I love that picture of the kids watching the prophet speak. That will be priceless for many years to come, I think.
I love you guys. Tell the chitlins that, will ya?
Mom here--
Of course it made me cry as well; that means you done good! Precious photos of the kids appearing to listen intently...someday Hakan will be writing home from his mission about how 'awsome' Conference was!
mom's telling the truth. she did cry. i saw her. i figured it was either about the grandkids or a puppy.
Every minute Hakan would yell "SHARE" and they would switch seats because they both wanted a turn on the little kid chair. So, they definitely weren't listening as well as the picture suggests.
That was beautiful; you made me tear up! I also loved that part of Pres. Monson's talk at conference. It's so easy to wish your kids older and more independent but how much I will miss snuggling my little man and giving him endless amounts of kisses!
Oh, I just loved that talk...I have been dwelling on those very thoughts here lately, now that 1/2 of my kids are away at college . I am so glad you have already figured out what took me about 15 years to realize. Great job, Sarah!
Post a Comment