Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy Day

Here are a few things you may or may not know about the father of my children.


He hates bugs with all his heart. He thinks he's being attacked by something in this picture.

It's very rare to get a picture of Aaron where he's smiling nicely. If he knows his picture is being taken, he either won't smile, will smile without showing his teeth, or will just be goofy.



He likes to watch his children play sports, even the sports he doesn't like.

He makes a really good pillow.

He's very strong and is working on getting even stronger.

He wears clothes and shoes for a looooong time. He's had these shoes since his mission.

He's better at playing with our kids than I am.

He makes me smile every single day.

Basically, he's awesome. Today he got up with the kids and let me stay in bed a little longer, then made us all a terrific breakfast, washed a bunch of dishes (because even though he hates doing dishes, I hate it more and he loves me), he made the kids lunch while I got ready for church, then made us all dinner when we got home! I've decided that tomorrow is going to be Father's Day instead, because I kind of blew it today.
After all that, he's taking a well deserved nap.

When he wakes up, he'll get some warm, made-from-scratch apple cobbler. Not that that will make up for the lame Father's Day he's had, but hopefully it will help.
I love you, Aaron. I really, really do!

1 comment:

Amy S. said...

What a cute post! I think Aaron and Tom could get along - they sound a lot alike!