Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hakan's head

The title of this post describes exactly what I'll be discussing here today. Last time we explored Hakan's head from the inside, but this time we'll be taking a closer look at what goes on on the outside.

Let me begin by saying that I love Hakan's hair. He's got the blondest little head, which gives him this angelic look (and trust me, it's mostly just a look). His hair also has some curl to it which I can coax with just a little water. Here he is almost exactly a year ago.



Isn't he precious?

Anyway, lately it's been getting well into the 90's here, which means more time spent outside. And this little blond boy inherited my (very) fair skin, so he's usually wearing a hat when he's in the sun. He doesn't mind the hats, but once they come off he's left with soaking wet, sweaty hair. Ew. So yesterday I decided to relieve him of his sweaty, stinky hair and give him a nice short summer buzz. (Aaron thinks he should always have buzzed hair, but I refuse. I want him to look like a sweet little boy, not a skinhead all the time.)

I asked him if he'd like me to cut all his hair off and he responded with an enthusiastic "Yes!" Pyper, however, was not so enthusiastic. She had a mini-meltdown, sobbing that she likes his hair the way it is and that she doesn't want Hakan to look like Daddy. (I told her I wasn't going to make him bald, just cut his hair really short like Dad's. This didn't help.) When she finally got a grip on herself, she agreed to be my photographer. And away we went!

Hakan kept wanting to look at the camera while I was trying to buzz him.




Before I finished I decided to have a little fun.

Voila! My creation!
Yeah, it's just a Mohawk, but doesn't he look cool?!!

Actually, Hakan didn't like it very much. He especially didn't like it when I'd spike it up. Sometimes he likes to be a rock star, but not today. Then Pyper tried to convince him that he looked like a dinosaur with spikes down his head, but he didn't go for that either.

I made him endure a little photo shoot while I played with his hair. Any do's where his hair is sticking up got me a frowny face.

Or no face.

He makes a cute Alfalfa, doesn't he?

I think I liked this one the most.

There's that (almost) angry face again.

Parting it on the side and combing it flat like I do for church was his favorite. He likes "being handsome".


I made him keep his Mohawk until Aaron got home to see it. Then we went to the chiropractor and Wal-Mart with it that way. (Dr. Ellison liked it a lot!) In the bathroom at Wal-Mart he let me spike it up again. He got a few looks on the way out, but they were smiles. Then today I finished giving him the haircut I'd originally intended for him to have. It's so very, very short.

But he's still cute. :)

Besides, his hair grows ridiculously fast. I'll probably be trimming above his ears in just a couple of weeks.

Oh, and he doesn't like this haircut, either. All day he's been saying things like, "I no want my hair be off!", and "You have to put it back on!" and "I need my hair back!"

Sheesh.

4 comments:

taylor said...

Hakan cracks me up! I think he looks cute in many styles of hair. He is very versatile! :)

ToDd said...

this whole post cracked me up. from pyper's whining to his various hairstyles to hakan's cute freakin face. i can't get over him. it's just not natural how cute he is.

Anderson Family said...

It probably won't help, but if you want, you can tell him he has a haircut like Grandpa and Uncle Bryce. The best part about that kind of haircut is that it's very low maintenance. :) He is a cutie, though. Dad

Megan G said...

I totally am digging the mohawk! I think I want to give SD one with his next hair cut! (And it totally reminded me of my dad because he always wanted my brother to get one! Funny huh?)