Sometimes I think I just need a day off.
One whole day, just once in a while, where I'm not Mom.
Just Sarah.
One day where I don't wake up to screaming downstairs or someone whispering loudly in my face that they want some cereal.
A day without picking up dirty socks or wiping up spills.
A day without messy diapers and sticky fingers and time outs.
A day where no one tells me they want this or that and I have to respond, "Is that how you ask?" for the zillionth time.
Just one day where I can sit down and watch something on TV without having to rewind it seventeen times just to hear what was said.
A day off from laundry and cooking and refereeing and messes.
A day off from tattling and fighting and bickering.
One day without telling someone "you'll find your shoes if you look for them", or "no, you can't have that for breakfast", or "it's not lunch time yet", or "what did I ask you to do?", or "it is not okay to hit!", or "can you please just wear what I gave you?".
One day off now and then would be nice.
One day could do me a lot of good.
4 comments:
Amen sister! I couldn't agree more. If we got one day off we could come back refreshed and things wouldn't throw us in a tizzy at the drop of a hat!
ditto...I feel like I repeat myself at least a hundred times a day and everyday feels like groundhogs day...or some variance of it, lol! I am always relieved that I am not the only mom out there that gets exhausted and NEEDS a break! Oh by the way, I LOVE what you have done with the dressers!! I love the styles too! You truly are so talented!
Wish I were closer to give you a break now and again--it may have been a long time ago for me, but I still remember those days!
Mom
I'm glad to know these are normal mom feelings. And I only have one! You are super woman!
Post a Comment