Let me just say right now that I am completely disgusted with myself for the pathetic amount of pictures I took while we were there. It makes me sick that I didn't even take any photos of Grandma or Shauna!! Ugh. Ya know, sometimes I'm really good about diligently photographing people and events and the fun things we do, and other times I get caught up in the moment and just completely space it. This was one of those times.
Anyway, during our visit we mostly hung out at Grandma's, but we did take an afternoon to drive down to Rigby and catch up with our friends, the Chapmans, over lunch at Gator Jack's (hence the kids-sitting-on-a-fake-gator photos).
BJ and Jen have been our friends since back before we were even parents and I'm so glad we've kept in touch. We try to go see them whenever we're nearby and it's always fun to catch up, even if it's just for a bit. We got to meet their baby, Bridger, who was born just a few hours before Rowan.
Aren't they handsome? Aaron wanted to make them fight each other, but for now I think they're a little too young for that.
(I'm also pretty ticked that I didn't get any pictures of Jen and Brynlee! GRRRR!!)
The kids created this in Grandma's garage and made me take their photo and promise to blog it. :)
And here's our gang right before we left on Sunday. (Thanks for the photo, Shauna!)
I'm glad we got to go back to East Idaho for a visit, short as it was. We didn't make it to Rexburg this time, but Idaho Falls felt like a second home to us for the 7 or so years that we lived there. The weather was pretty nutty (typical), but our visit was lovely none the less (despite my lack of documentation).
We miss being able to see Grandma Bobbie and can't wait to see her again the next time we come out west!
No comments:
Post a Comment