Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Duuh!

I feel really bad- we've known for almost a week what we're having and I'm just now remembering to post about it!! Sheesh.

Anyway, I had an ultrasound appointment scheduled last Wednesday, so Aaron and the kids came with me because they said they could check the gender. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but this particular subject had been a sore spot between Aaron and I since we got pregnant. I didn't want to find out if the baby was a boy or girl, and Aaron most certainly did. We had a few "discussions" about it, and finally, to maintain some harmony in our home, I resigned myself to being the loser of this battle. So anyway, the kids and I predicted a girl and Aaron predicted that it was a boy. Aaron was right- it's a boy~

He's giving the peace sign.

And here's a pretty good front-view of his face. Very skeletal, but identifiable. (Labels added by me.)


We also have a couple shots of his "boy parts", but I thought I oughtta give the kid a little privacy. :)

The midwife also checked on my hemorrhage, which doesn't seem to have changed any since the last time I had an ultrasound back in September. It hasn't gotten any bigger (which is certainly good), but it hasn't gotten smaller either. I was hoping it would be almost gone by now, either having been absorbed back into my body, or by bleeding itself out. She was glad, though, that it doesn't seem to have changed. The placenta has grown significantly and is now right beside the clot, but is still not being affected by it whatsoever. She was concerned that the clot might cause the placenta to separate from the uterus, which could be detrimental to the baby. But this isn't happening so that's really good. She wished she could tell me that I could go back to living normally, but preferred that I continue to be cautious. I haven't had any bleeding for a couple of weeks now and I'm really hoping it doesn't return. I guess all I can do, though, is take her advice and keep hoping that things continue to improve. I go back in a month (instead of two weeks like I've been doing) for another ultrasound to check on Baby and the hematoma. Hopefully that one will go just as well.

4 comments:

Megan G said...

congrats on the boy! hope you're feeling okay, sarah.

Amy S. said...

I'm glad to hear things are looking good. And congratulations on another boy - boys are fun!

Kory Jane said...

Ya for boys. At least you have everything you need basically. I am glad that everything is going good. I was just wondering what you were going to have the other day. Congrats!!

taylor said...

Congrats! I'm so glad things are going good for you!