Friday, November 7, 2008

Yikes, how can I be 28 already?!

I don't know about you, but after I hit about 18, I didn't really look forward to my birthday anymore. Then at about 23 I started kind of dreading them. It's sad, but true. This year was no different. I'm 28 today and not very happy about it- but I did have a pretty good birthday. :)

Aaron took a half day and came home at noon to spend the day with us. First we headed to the Sierra Trading Post Outlet in Meridian. I'd bought some shoes from their website before, but hadn't gone into the store yet. It was nothing spectacular, I'm afraid. Next we went to lunch at (you'll never guess where)-- The Cheesecake Factory! You may recall that I'd bid my final farewell to this glorious place after our last visit, or so I thought. Aaron was a really good sport and even suggested that's where we should go!

I chose a scrumptious plate of fire-roasted artichokes with delicious dips for an appetizer.


My attempt to eat light was this gigantic Luau salad-- mixed greens, chicken, carrots, crunchy wontons, sliced bell peppers, cucumbers, green beans, macademia nuts, mango and a super duper sesame dressing. It was fabulous!


Hakan doing something weird with his fork, and Aaron probably thinking about the bill.


And of course, the cheesecake! The kids helped me eat most of my slice of White Chocolate and Wild Blueberry, though I did end up having to take some of it home. MAN, IT WAS GOOD!


My birthday gifts are usually minimal, but on top of a shopping spree at Old Navy that Aaron surprised me with last week, I also got a cute pair of earrings from my Mom that were on my Etsy Favorites list. That was a very nice surprise.



I got a couple of things for myself, too. :) I ordered these shoes from Ebay...

...and I know they're not the hippest-looking shoes around, but let me explain. See, when you're pregnant, it gets increasingly difficult to bend over to reach your toes. And being pregnant in the winter time means you have to wear shoes that cover your entire foot. No flip-flops or slides or you'll get frostbite and wet socks (at least around here). So, this time around I vowed that I'm going to do as little shoe tying as possible and went on a web hunt for a pair of nice leather slip-ons that I could wear with just about everything. I think these will be just the thing. No laces, buckles or zippers to fool with, and my feet will stay nice and warm and dry all this wet winter. Yay! Now, let's hope they fit when they get here!! Oh, and I found a cute little top at TJ Maxx Home Goods (my favoritest store on the planet) today as well. Plenty of tummy room!


My chubby 28-year-old self modeling my new top and earrings. Mirror shots are awful, but it's better than having Aaron do it for me. I hate posing for photos, and this is why. I look like such a goob.

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! If it makes you feel better, I wish I was 28 again. Those were really the good old days. And no comments about me having kids who are 28 and 29 years old. Glad you had a good birthday, although I think I would have picked a big steak instead of that weird salad thing you got. Happy birthday again - Love, Dad

Jennifer said...

Happy happy happy birthday to my beautiful sister. :) I really hope you had a great one! ♥

Anderson Family said...

Your momma didn't raise no goob!! I agree with the rest of the unbiased family--you're awsome!! Happy birthday sweetie...

XOXO
Mom

Jared and Tara said...

Happy birthday! I love the cute shirt.