Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend in Rexburg

Thursday afternoon our family took off for Idaho Falls/Rexburg for the weekend. I think I've mentioned before that I had an appointment scheduled to have a spot on my forehead checked out, which was the main reason for the trip. We arrived around 10 at night to Grandma Bobbie's house in Idaho Falls. Aaron worked at Norsun in Sugar City on Friday while the kids and I hung out with Grandma. I tried taking them to a park to play, but it was around 40 degrees and windy, so they were done in about 20 minutes.

After lunch the kids went down for a nap and I rested up a bit before my appointment. Then I drove to Sugar to pick up Aaron from work because I wanted him to come with me. I'd made the appointment to have the spot removed, mostly because I assumed that it was cancer, and because I didn't want to have to make more than one trip to have Dr. Bagley work on me. He's the one who removed the cancer on my forehead 3 years ago and did such a beautiful job with my stitches that my scar is barely noticeable. I was all nervous and really dreading the surgery, but after talking to the doc for a little while he made me realize that going through with the surgery before knowing if it's cancer or not would be overkill. Originally I thought I was being smart by assuming it was bad and just having it cut out, but it makes sense to do the minimum at this point and see if it really is necessary to take more drastic measures. Sooo, instead of leaving with 6 or 7 stitches like I'd anticipated, he just took a little "punch" from the spot and gave me 2 stitches instead. They'll biopsy what he took out and I'll hear in the next couple of days if I need to get the rest removed. Fingers crossed it's nothing and that'll be that, but I'm not holding my breath.

On Saturday we met up with Todd, his girlfriend Kristen and Kimberly at Craigo's in Rexburg for lunch. Afterwards we hung out at Kristen's apartment and played Guitar Hero. Kimberly and I had never played before so our scores were a little on the low side, but it was still a pretty fun game. The kids had a blast "playing" the guitar, with a little help from a grown-up.


Pyper making her best "rocker" face.


I felt like a total dufus- I'm not coordinated enough for this game!!





Sunday morning before we left the kids spent some time making treats with Grandma Bobbie- chocolate frosting on chocolate graham crackers!



The drive home seemed to go quicker than the drive there, and we got home at around 4 in the afternoon on Sunday. I still haven't unpacked. :P

I had no idea Pyper had brought these goggles with her. I just turned around and this is how I found her. What a weirdo! :)

5 comments:

ToDd said...

that goggle picture of pyper is freakin hilarious. i love it. i guess she just wants to be prepared or something.

Megan G said...

I just played Guitar Hero for the second time this weekend... and I'm horrible at it, too. Sarah, I love your cute little belly!

taylor said...

I just laughed SO hard when I saw the picture of Pyper with the goggles on! I love it! She's such a cute kid!!

Simply Christmas said...

Oh, I wish I had a chance to visit with you while you were in Rexburg! Pyper is hilarious! She must love being a super-hero!

Kimberly said...

I love your "What a weirdo!" comment. XDD

I hope that thing on your forehead, whatever it is, doesn't give you trouble. I saw the band-aid, I just didn't think to ask, I guess.