Monday, March 23, 2009

Around my house today

Finnley is now 11 days old and is doing terrific. He's been such a good baby, though I'm afraid to get too used to it because I know babies can change dispositions overnight. Fingers crossed he keeps being a good baby!

Mom had to head home this morning and of course I cried after she left. Today is my first day alone with the 3 kids and I'm not sure what to expect. So far the older two have been good- playing computer, watching TV, getting their own snack, etc. I've begged them to be good and try and help me, but since Finnley was born they've been fighting a LOT. They just seem to get on each other's nerves a lot easier lately, and I have ZERO patience for it. Hopefully as we get back into our normal routine (and my hormones stabilize) things will settle and they'll remember that they like each other.

Rather than bore you with the details of the past week and a half, today's post is going to be another glimpse around the house. So here ya go:

Birth announcements- DONE! Well, almost. Mom was a huge help in getting these designed, cut, and assembled, so that's one giant To-Do that I can check off my list.

Pretty yellow flowers that Aaron brought me last Friday, the day Finnley came home. Still looking good and smelling nice sitting on the table.

This little guy is currently enjoying his first nap strapped to Mommy. I love my wrap. It's just so comfy cozy for us both.

My newly organized pantry, thanks to my awesome Mom.

And our newly organized garage, thanks to my awesome husband. Seriously, he spent HOURS on it on Saturday. I only wish I'd taken a "before" photo so you could see just how much he did!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting used to three kids was hard. I won't lie but it gets better I promise. It just takes time for everyone to adjust. As for the older two fighting well For us at least it hasn't gotten better but you learn to ignore it!:)

Megan G said...

DANG you are amazing for already having your birth announcements finished! I love your wrap thing. You were the first person I ever saw with one and now I see them everywhere. What kind do you use?

taylor said...

Okay, Finnley looks so cute and cuddly in that wrap! I'm so excited to see everyone and meet the newest Hillgrove in just a few weeks! :)

Amy S. said...

The one bad thing about having your mom come after a baby is when she has to leave - I always hate that part! But your pantry and garage look amazing, and that's one cute little Finnley you've got there. I am also wondering what kind of wrap that is. It looks comfy.

Cyndy said...

I remember when Mommer had to go home after I had Tara (our third), I wasn't just sad, I was terrified (unintentional pun, there)! I realized that I was outnumbered: 2 parents, 3 kids. 2 hands, 3 kids. Last nerve, 3 kids.
Miraculously, we all survived.

Aunt Cyndy
PS Did you use a serger on the wrap?