View from the door:
-Big wooden day bed from craigslist that also has a pop-up trundle underneath. This will get some use when Aaron's parents come to visit next month. Yay!
-Pretty blue embroidered curtain found new at a thrift store for $4.
-Awesome wood bench/table made by Popper (Mom's father) that's now serving as a nightstand.
-Thrifted lamp and shade.
-Shutter shelf and display board, made by me.

View from the closet:
-Thrifted rocking chair that I recently recovered in leather strips.
-"Gallery" of art, photos and embroidery.
-Pretty basket to store spare diapers and wipes for when I don't feel like running upstairs to my closet to change the baby.

View from the rocking chair:
-Computer desk (also from craigslist) that hides in the closet behind a curtain when we have company.
-Ladder shelf out of Hakan's room to hold all the necessary computer/printer/shipping stuff.
-$8 thrift store chair that will eventually get painted white.

Close-up of my shutter shelf:
-A shutter that our friends gave us a few years ago + a spare plank from when our backyard fence was installed + some knobs off of Pyper's dresser that I'd replaced + white spray paint + picture frame hardware + 2 Hercules hooks in the wall + family photos & knick knacks = a decorative and useful accessory that I am VERY proud of! :)

Okay, Grandma, we're ready for you!
4 comments:
So I can say that I am really jealous right? If you lived closer I would hire you as a decorator and have you come and do my house. I hate the way it looks most of the time and I have no decorating sense. It looks really really cute. I guess I need to look at Craigslist more often.
Wow you've done an amazing job with this room!! I'm so jealous! And I LOVE that shutter shelf! I might copy you one day...
The room is so cute! Great job! And I love the shelf you made. What a good idea!
Grandma is almost ready to come up as well! Just have to work Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday and I can start north!! I'm excited to get to stay in 'my' special room; I'm sure it will be even cuter in person...
Mom
Post a Comment