Tuesday, March 24, 2009

P.S.

Amy & Taylor asked what kind of wrap I have, so I thought I'd respond here in case anyone else is wondering. I made this one from a 18"x 5 yards piece of knit fabric back when Hakan was an infant. I added a pocket at the front and the little snap ribbon to keep a binky handy. I was making and selling them back then because I had so many people asking me about it when I'd wear it at the gym or to church. If anyone is interested in one I can still make them. You can also find really cute handmade ones on Etsy (search for "baby wrap") or commercially made ones online (like the Moby wrap). They are DEFINITELY more comfortable than any store-bought carrier I've ever tried, and can be used in lots of different ways. This site is very informative if you want to learn more about babywearing.

We love babywearing!

3 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Why am I not surprised that you made it. I actually would be interested. I have to carry Hailey everywhere and it can get annoying when I am trying to do things. If you could find time to make one for me I would appreciate it. Just let me know how much and I will get the money to you pronto.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I'm interested also. I have another baby wrap but it's not my favorite material. I'd love something in pink and brown. Let me know if you feel up to it and how much. Just email me when you have the time. You are so talented, it amazes me! (not that you're talented since I always knew that:)

ToDd said...

i thought pyper was carrying hakan too. teehee