Friday, April 17, 2009

One big weekend



Since Finnley decided to wake me up at 4:50 and still hasn't gone back to sleep, I decided to come down and type up a post describing our trip to Rexburg and Idaho Falls last week.

Tuesday afternoon we took off and spent the night at Grandma Bobbie's house. The rest of the our nights were spent at a hotel. On Wednesday Aaron's parents arrived, along with his sister Gwen and her two little boys. His brother Brent and his family arrived the next day. A lot of my family began arriving on Thursday, so that evening we met up with them at the temple and went to my brother's fiancee, Kristen's parents' house for a little food and visiting.

This photo is terribly blurry, but I love it just the same. These are all of my grandparents meeting Finnley for the very first time.

Grandpa Dean didn't mind waiting to eat for a chance to hold his new grandson.

Friday was Finnley's special day. At 5 p.m. about 30 of us met at Sizzler in Idaho Falls and had dinner (basically) together. We were of course divided among many tables, but miraculously they were able to seat us all in the same area so we could mingle and talk and have a good time before the blessing. After dinner we headed over to Aaron's Grandma's church building where the Bishop had kindly set up the Relief Society room for us to use. We had a nice little program with a talk by Great-Grandpa Montoya (Popper) and some special music sung by my parents and Todd and Jennifer. Finnley was blessed, surrounded by loving Priesthood holders, and then we spent the next little while talking, taking pictures and enjoying ourselves until we finally decided we probably ought to let the Bishop lock up and go home. It really was a wonderful evening and I'm especially glad we were able to do it when so much of our family could be there.

Sweet baby Finn in the blessing outfit and shoes I made for him. He also wore his Daddy's little white baby sweater to the blessing.

This trip was all about family, and our kids thoroughly enjoyed being around Brent's kids again, and getting to know Gwen's boys.

Here's Pyper, Satyra, Zakai and Hakan watching TV at Grandma Bobbie's.

Saturday Brent's family had to leave, so in the morning we got dressed for the wedding and headed back over to Grandma's for an egg hunt with the cousins. We also gave the kids their Easter baskets then we had to take off for Rexburg for Todd and Kristen's wedding.

I'd learned that the colors for the reception were going to be bright pink and orange, so I couldn't pass up this dress for Pyper. And since she'd be matching the decor I figured the boys should, too, so I made this tie for Hakan and appliqued a matching one to a onesie for Finn (though why I didn't take a picture of him wearing it, I'll never know).

Here's Aaron with his parents David and Gayla, brother Brent, Grandma Bobbie and sister Gwen.


My awesome siblings were willing to watch the kids for us while we were in the temple.







After an early Easter dinner at Grandma's we headed home on Sunday afternoon. David, Gayla and Gwen came with us and were able to spend Monday at our house before they went back to California.

We had such a great time on our trip and were sad when it was over. My biggest regret is not taking more pictures, but my Dad has offered to compile a CD of everyone's photos if they send them to him. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get some good ones from that of the things I missed. I might have to do a Part 2 of this post after I get those photos. Anyway, thanks to everybody who participated in Finn's blessing. It really was a special event for our little family. We love all of you and really enjoyed being with you last weekend!

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Dad here. Thanks for getting something posted on the wedding. Mom has been after me to get one done, but I haven't managed it yet. Maybe today. I'm still waiting for pictures to come in from others to get the CD compiled. So far I've only got mine, Mom's and Keiths. Since you didn't get a picture of Finn and his tie, I'll post one on the other blog.

ToDd said...

finn looks like a leopard or panther or something laying a tree branch in that picture with dad. i love his little chubby cheeks.