Sunday, April 5, 2009

Soaking up that Vitamin D

Now that some of the redness is starting to go out of Finnley's complexion, I'm noticing that he's still a bit yellow in the face. I know that a little newborn jaundice is normal, but I don't know if it's okay for it to hang around this long. The whites of his eyes have a yellow tinge as well, and that worries me. So today he's spending some time sunbathing on the daybed. He seems really content, despite how much he usually hates being naked. I'm sure he's probably fine, but I think I'll call the midwife tomorrow just to check.

3 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Did a Pediatrican not see him after his birth? You might want to have him check the cutie out. Unless the mid-wife does both...not sure never dealt with one. He sure looks cute sunbathing though.

taylor said...

Gotta love that sun! :)

Mary Erb said...

First of all congratulations! I remember many times doing the same thing. Having had 12 full term babies...I've been there. I would recommend taking the diaper off and putting the entire baby in the sun.
Maybe, keep a cotton diaper handy for any accidents.Do you nurse? You can even give them a sm. amt. of filtered water in a bottle .We pray all will be fine.