Thursday, April 2, 2009

A year and a day

I realized today that I started this blog one year ago yesterday. Weird! It doesn't seem like it's been that long, at least not to me. I think it only dawned on me because I remembered that one of the first posts I wrote was about Aaron's 30th birthday, and today we celebrated his 31st. So, to keep tradition alive, here's a bit about what we did. (A very little bit, 'cause we didn't do all that much. :)

Aaron and I started Weight Watchers this past Sunday, so to keep up our momentum I baked him a carrot cake with fat free cream cheese frosting from a WW recipe. It was... okay. Kinda disappointing, but not bad.

This is how Finnley chose to celebrate his Daddy's big day.

After dinner I presented Aaron with his (unfinished) gift from me...

... a large drawing of Pyper & Hakan from a photo. He'd asked me to do this so he could hang it in his office, so I thought I'd try and get it done as a birthday gift. (Sorry, I can't show you a better picture of it until it's finished. :P ) I started on it a week ago and just could NOT get it done in time. I had really hoped to be able to give it to him finished and framed. *sigh

This is the photo I used, but, as per Aaron's instructions, I put a sweeter smile on Pyper instead of the sassy smirk she's wearing here (though this look is so very "Pyper").


Yes, it was a very low-key birthday, but that's the way we like it sometimes.

Happy birthday, Aaron!

Happy anniversary, Blog!

2 comments:

ToDd said...

happy late birthday aaron!!

Kory Jane said...

I am the same way with weightwatchers. I love to have my Diet Dr. Pepper to fill my urges. I just got back yesterday so I will send that check this weekend. I am excited to see it.