Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby smiles and backyard sprinklers



Finnley is reaching the age where he can finally reward us with smiles and coos. The other day he started to smile at Pyper and even by the time I got back with the camera he was still doing it. He's smiled before, but only once or twice and even then I don't think it was on purpose. But this time I'm sure it was for real. Just look at those cheeks! Reminds me of Pyper.



Yesterday we had some gorgeous weather here. After a trip to Costco and some dinner, the kids wanted to run through the sprinklers. I didn't bother digging around for bathing suits. While Pyper refused to run around in just her undies, Hakan was more than happy to strip down and show off his dino skivvies. In the beginning they were both really hesitant, but once I told them that whoever went first would get their Popsicle first, Pyper dashed right in.





Hakan was much harder to persuade. He finally agreed to go holding Pyper's hand. But once he got to the fence and realized he was going to have to run through the water again to come back, he wasn't happy at all.





Lucky for him about 5 seconds later the water turned itself off. I wish I'd taken a video. He immediately ran back to me and raised his arms in the air and shouted, "I DID IT!!". It was pretty funny. Apparently running through sprinklers is much more fun when the sprinklers are OFF.



These last few photos are ones the kids took.








Looking forward to more warm evenings in the backyard watching kids be silly, eating Popsicles and taking pictures.

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

He must have been sooo close to the smiling & cooing stage when we were all together! I can just hear him now from the pictures you took. Doesn't it make you feel like the best person in the world when a baby smiles at you? Pyper & Hakan likely take every opportunity to Finn smiling--and when he starts to laugh, he'll probably get the hiccups!!

Mom

Keith said...

Too cute! I can't wait to chill in the back yard. See you guys soon!