Aaron had his doctor's appointment for his shoulder this morning and came home with good news- it's fine. Apparently it was just a bad sprain with some slight separation and inflammation. He pinched the rotator cuff but didn't tear anything, thank goodness. This means he won't be needing any surgery or physical therapy, which I was thinking he would. Since he went in on Monday he's said that it's actually been feeling better, so that was encouraging, but I didn't dare get my hopes up. But he just needs to try to stretch it and he should be good as new in a few weeks. Vacation #2, here we come!
Now, for this next story let me start by saying that my son is smart, clever, and really a good boy. But today... today... not so much.
When Pyper goes to Pre-school Tuesday and Thursday mornings I've been sticking Hakan in his bedroom while I shower so I know he's safe while no one is watching him. When I got out of the shower today I was walking past his room and heard a loud crackling sound. I opened his door and he zoomed past me saying, "Owie! Hurt! Hurt!" It didn't take me long to realize what he'd done. Can you guess?
When Pyper goes to Pre-school Tuesday and Thursday mornings I've been sticking Hakan in his bedroom while I shower so I know he's safe while no one is watching him. When I got out of the shower today I was walking past his room and heard a loud crackling sound. I opened his door and he zoomed past me saying, "Owie! Hurt! Hurt!" It didn't take me long to realize what he'd done. Can you guess?
Of course, I was horrified! He had actually taken a dime the he'd found and plunked it down behind his nightlight so that it rested on the prongs going into the outlet and looks like he may have started a little fire!! I was worried that he'd shocked himself, but when I asked if and where he'd gotten hurt he just said, "Hurt." This may not seem like that big a deal, but I guess what freaks me out most are all of the "what if's" that come to mind. Geez, what a knucklehead.
This being the first time he's done something like this and given the fact that he's only 2, I did my best not to flip out and tried to calmly but firmly explain that he is not to ever, ever touch those (outlets). I was also hoping that it'd scared him enough to keep him away from them from now on. After I went down and flipped the breaker to get the power back on in there, I brought him into my room so I could keep an eye on him while I finished putting my makeup on. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see him standing next to the outlet where my cell phone charger is plugged in. No, surely he wouldn't do something like that again! But yes, he has the tiny phone end of the cord in his hand and is trying to poke it into the oulet behind the charger!!! What commenced was not one of my finest moments in motherhood. To summarize, I went a little nuclear on him. I just could not understand why, oh why he would do the same dang thing AGAIN! This time he got into big BIG trouble and now I think, I hope he's learned to leave outlets alone. What brainless idea will he come up with next, I wonder?
1 comment:
I have to admit I have never had to deal with a child who was interested in the sockets...although I have heard some horror stories from people about them. Sounds like you have your hands full.
Post a Comment