Yes, today is the day my sweet baby boy turns 2. It's bittersweet, but mostly sweet I think. Hakan is the perfect mixture of rambunctious mischief-maker and loving, cuddly teddy bear. We love him so very much.
Today was busy around here with Mommy making preparations for our trip to California tomorrow and the kids doing all they could to help. I spent most of the morning cleaning the house from top to bottom (except the kitchen- saved that for Aaron), getting sheets washed so we could come home to nice clean beds, clothes sorted for packing, presents wrapped for unwrapping, cakes baked for frosting and eating, hanging a couple of picture frames and generally working up a good sweat. I did manage to rest for a bit while the kids were napping, but not for long. Ah, well...
This evening we ate pizza for dinner and then opened gifts. Hakan got to pick out a new bike on a trip to Target with Daddy a few days ago, so today he opened a couple of puzzles and an action figure, as well as a card from Grandma Bobbie (Sage). Afterwards we dug into the carrot cake that Pyper & I baked- gotta love that cream cheese frosting! Aaron found some little plastic dino's at the grocery store while he was getting some balloons for Hakan on his way home. He thought they'd look good on the cake, and I think he was right. He's in kind of a dinosaur phase right now, so the shirt he's wearing is one of his favorites and he picked it out himself to wear today. I wanted him to wear something a little more dapper, but hey, it's his birthday!
I managed to fill up our camera's memory card with videos and photos, and even had to delete a few to fit them all. Here are a choice few from our little man's special day:
balloons make us silly!
Today was busy around here with Mommy making preparations for our trip to California tomorrow and the kids doing all they could to help. I spent most of the morning cleaning the house from top to bottom (except the kitchen- saved that for Aaron), getting sheets washed so we could come home to nice clean beds, clothes sorted for packing, presents wrapped for unwrapping, cakes baked for frosting and eating, hanging a couple of picture frames and generally working up a good sweat. I did manage to rest for a bit while the kids were napping, but not for long. Ah, well...
This evening we ate pizza for dinner and then opened gifts. Hakan got to pick out a new bike on a trip to Target with Daddy a few days ago, so today he opened a couple of puzzles and an action figure, as well as a card from Grandma Bobbie (Sage). Afterwards we dug into the carrot cake that Pyper & I baked- gotta love that cream cheese frosting! Aaron found some little plastic dino's at the grocery store while he was getting some balloons for Hakan on his way home. He thought they'd look good on the cake, and I think he was right. He's in kind of a dinosaur phase right now, so the shirt he's wearing is one of his favorites and he picked it out himself to wear today. I wanted him to wear something a little more dapper, but hey, it's his birthday!
I managed to fill up our camera's memory card with videos and photos, and even had to delete a few to fit them all. Here are a choice few from our little man's special day:
balloons make us silly!
must be a boy thing
getting good at getting that paper off!
Yay! A puzzle!
Pyper is giddy with anticipation
cool new toy
everybody play
dang cake won't stay on my plate!
kisses to mama
Couldn't seem to get the birthday song/candle blowing video to upload. I may try again later.
No comments:
Post a Comment