Before
Well, as I was giving the kids a bath tonight, I got the notion to cut some hair. Hakan just had a haircut and I trimmed my bangs yesterday, so it was Pyper's turn. I asked if she'd like to have short hair again and she said she would, so out came the scissors. I was going for an angled cut, shorter in back and longer at the front. Didn't really come out that way, though. I guess I should've been more daring and taken more off in the back. Oh, well. It's all even and that's what I really care about.
When I'd finished I got her out of the tub and blow-dried her hair, and when she saw it in the mirror she says, "I have the same hair as Willy Wonka!" I laughed but wanted to cry. She'd said it like she was pleased, but I'm not. I definitely don't regret cutting it, though. It was getting long but not looking nice. Her hair is really fine and has some wave to it underneath but is straight on top (like mine), which makes it really hard to "wash and wear". She doesn't like ponytails, so I decided it was time to go short again. Her hair does grow super fast, though (unlike mine), so I'm sure that by fall it'll be down to her shoulders.
After
I tried to find a photo of Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka without his hat on, but didn't have any luck. If you haven't seen this movie, you'll just have to go rent it. It's kind of bizarre, but funny. :)
1 comment:
I think you did a good job. So cute! :)
Post a Comment