I changed my blog web address this morning, so hopefully you were able to find me okay. I decided to use the diddle dumpling address as a crafting blog, which I hope I'm able to keep up with. Wow, have I really not posted in 5 days?? Well, I'd better get started then.

Last Thursday Pyper started preschool at last!! A couple of weeks ago some women from church visited me and I'd mentioned wanting to get her into a preschool once we'd gotten moved and settled. One of the ladies said that she and her daughter were involved in a co-op preschool where the mothers of the children take turns teaching the lessons at their homes so it's free to attend, but the kids are still learning and socializing like at a licensed preschool. They recently had someone drop out, so an opening was available. She also said that they were wanting to get another girl because it was currently made up of 4 boys and just 1 girl. It's headed up by a lady I'd already met, so the mom that was visiting said she'd mention me to her. Later that week the organizer woman called and offered me a ride to a church activity, so we got to discuss the preschool and the possibility of getting Pyper involved. Once she got the okay from all the other mom's, we were in. As it is, they will only be having it for a few more weeks because school's almost out and they follow the public school schedule. But at least she'll have a few lessons and she's already met some new friends. Thursday was her first day and it happened to be held in the home of a family who lives in our neighborhood. It was a little cold and windy, but I hooked the bike trailer to my bike and huffed it over to their house. Hakan and I stayed so I could observe the lesson and the order things went, and Pyper didn't seem to mind that she was surrounded by boys (the other little girl didn't come that day). Friday we took a field trip to a local bakery and Pyper thought it was very cool to see how bread is made. She will only have preschool twice a week for an hour and a half each day, (the field trip was a bonus) but I'm happy knowing that she's finally gotten involved in a program that will get her ready for kindergarten. Bless her heart, she'll be almost six by the time she does start school, but I had a late birthday, too, and really liked being the oldest in my classes.
Well, my little Hakan turns 2 years old this Wednesday, can you believe it?! Sometimes I look at him and think that he's just so little and cute, and other times I look and have to say, "When did you get so big??" He's already very good at being 2, though. Yesterday at church he almost had a meltdown when we walked into the chapel, crying and screaming, "Walk! Walk!" He's gotten used to being taken out in the halls to walk when he's misbehaving, so apparently now he thinks that's what he gets to do all the time. And of course, he eventually got so disruptive that he did get taken out. This definitely has to stop.
The photo below is from this morning after he had his bowl of Cocoas. He'd originally told me he wanted waffles, but once he saw Pyper with cereal he demanded that he get the same. See what I get for giving in? And in case you can't tell, he got that brown sticky grossness up to his elbows, down his chest and all over both legs. Yes, he's very good at being 2.
Last Thursday Pyper started preschool at last!! A couple of weeks ago some women from church visited me and I'd mentioned wanting to get her into a preschool once we'd gotten moved and settled. One of the ladies said that she and her daughter were involved in a co-op preschool where the mothers of the children take turns teaching the lessons at their homes so it's free to attend, but the kids are still learning and socializing like at a licensed preschool. They recently had someone drop out, so an opening was available. She also said that they were wanting to get another girl because it was currently made up of 4 boys and just 1 girl. It's headed up by a lady I'd already met, so the mom that was visiting said she'd mention me to her. Later that week the organizer woman called and offered me a ride to a church activity, so we got to discuss the preschool and the possibility of getting Pyper involved. Once she got the okay from all the other mom's, we were in. As it is, they will only be having it for a few more weeks because school's almost out and they follow the public school schedule. But at least she'll have a few lessons and she's already met some new friends. Thursday was her first day and it happened to be held in the home of a family who lives in our neighborhood. It was a little cold and windy, but I hooked the bike trailer to my bike and huffed it over to their house. Hakan and I stayed so I could observe the lesson and the order things went, and Pyper didn't seem to mind that she was surrounded by boys (the other little girl didn't come that day). Friday we took a field trip to a local bakery and Pyper thought it was very cool to see how bread is made. She will only have preschool twice a week for an hour and a half each day, (the field trip was a bonus) but I'm happy knowing that she's finally gotten involved in a program that will get her ready for kindergarten. Bless her heart, she'll be almost six by the time she does start school, but I had a late birthday, too, and really liked being the oldest in my classes.
Well, my little Hakan turns 2 years old this Wednesday, can you believe it?! Sometimes I look at him and think that he's just so little and cute, and other times I look and have to say, "When did you get so big??" He's already very good at being 2, though. Yesterday at church he almost had a meltdown when we walked into the chapel, crying and screaming, "Walk! Walk!" He's gotten used to being taken out in the halls to walk when he's misbehaving, so apparently now he thinks that's what he gets to do all the time. And of course, he eventually got so disruptive that he did get taken out. This definitely has to stop.
The photo below is from this morning after he had his bowl of Cocoas. He'd originally told me he wanted waffles, but once he saw Pyper with cereal he demanded that he get the same. See what I get for giving in? And in case you can't tell, he got that brown sticky grossness up to his elbows, down his chest and all over both legs. Yes, he's very good at being 2.
3 comments:
Love Haken's pictures. Too funny. It is so hard for me to let Morgan get messy but I know I'm going to have to get over it.
I can't believe what a big girl Pyper is! And Hakan looks so adorable and innocent looking, like he's thinking, "I really have no idea how I got like this." Love it.
she looks so precious with her little school bag... i can't get over it! haha well, i really can't hardly wait to see you guys this weekend. it will be a blast, for sure! =] ♥
Post a Comment