Monday, June 9, 2008

Blue

Man, what a day. The grey, rainy weather outside was nothing compared to my mood.

My day usually starts around 8:30 when I go downstairs and get the kids breakfast. Then I'll set them up watching "Oswald" and go upstairs to shower. The day continues from there with working while the kids play, lunch, nap/work, more work, and hopefully finishing up before it's time to make dinner. I can't pinpoint what went wrong today, but something... something got to me. It's usually just a bunch of little things and today, there were a bunch.
This quilt I'm working on for Hakan has been giving me fits, I had this mountain of shoes to work on that I was sooo not wanting to do, the kids were being difficult (or maybe I just had zero patience to deal with them well), the house was a mess which makes working even harder, and I didn't get my shower so I was feeling all greasy and gross and ugly. Of course my bad mood just inflated with everything the kids did that bugged me, so finally I got so fed up with them that I put them down for naps without lunch, even though both were crying that they were hungry. Yeah, that was mean. But I just couldn't take it anymore. Not even halfway through the day and I was ready to put my fist through the wall.

I did, however manage to:

-clean up and vacuum the bonus room (where I work and the kids play)
-embroider quite a bit of "the mountain"
-respond to a few inquiries from customers
-get showered, dressed, make-up & hair done
-watch some trashy reality shows (ever watch "Living Lohan" or "Denise Richards: It's Complicated"? Both a total waste of time but weirdly intriguing and hard to turn off.)
-write this post
-eventually, mostly emerge from beneath my cloud of gloom

Aaron wanted to go eat at our favorite Mexican place, so I didn't have to deal with dinner. I had my favorite, carne asada, and the kids and I shared a flan for dessert. I didn't realize until I'd scarfed about half the basket of tortilla chips how hungry I was, which is never a good thing for me. Just ask Aaron. So almost immediately I started to cheer up. I had been thinking of just sending Aaron and the kids out for dinner so I could be alone for a while, but I knew I'd miss out on that yummy carne asada. Afterwards we strolled through World Market, one of my favorite places to browse. Aaron bought some frames for his office that he's going to be redoing, and I bought this giant wooden diaper pin. It's very cute. I'll post a picture once I've figured out where to hang it.

For the rest of the night I'm just going to veg I think. It wasn't a super productive day, but hopefully tomorrow will be better. I so, so hate having days like this. I start thinking about the things in my life that I wish were different or better, the things about myself that I wish I could change, and I don't feel good about myself as a mother or wife or person, for that matter. And I make my family miserable.

I'm so glad this day is over.



sunset on a crappy day

4 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Don't sweat it, we all have days like that. Just remember how talented you are and how blessed you have been. And besides that you look like the princess from enchanted...it doesn't get much better than that

Amy S. said...

Oh Sarah! Is it mean to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one who has those kinds of days? Sometimes I feel like I must be the only one in all the world - but now that perfect Sarah has admitted she does, too, I think I can like myself again!

Good thing there is always tomorrow.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Sorry about your crappy day. I have them myself. I just wanted to let you know that I think you're amazing and I can't believe how much you get done in one day. You give me something to aspire to, plus the fact your gorgeous, so hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Jennifer said...

man i hate those days... but guess what the best part is. it's only a day! that reminds me though, there is this sweet saying that my friend showed me one time that i love love love:

"Life is like photography... you develop from the negatives."

so maybe in the future, if you start getting in a bad mood, just eat some delicious something and you will feel better! hey, it works for me. ;) haha well i ♥ you and don't you forget it! =]