Friday, June 13, 2008

Caldwell Farmer's Market


Wednesday evening, as soon as Aaron got home from work, we raced downtown to get the closing documents for our house signed, notarized and shipped. Yayayayay!!! Once that was taken care of we went and found the Farmer's Market that I'd seen advertised in the newspaper. There wasn't much there, but we enjoyed a little stroll by the vendors and the kids got to pet some dogs that people had brought with them. One was a standard poodle that stood taller than Hakan and was just as nice as could be, and another was a cute little boxer puppy (I think) that was just the cutest thing ever. Wish I'd thought to take a picture of her with it...


We bought some kettle corn from a vendor that was awesome, and I don't usually like kettle corn. It was the second best I've ever tasted- the first being my Popper's popcorn. No, my grandpa Popper's popcorn, not my popcorn popper's popcorn. I know, it's confusing, but my point is his was better.


Anyway, right next to the market was a big recreation area with softball fields (3 games were getting ready to start), a volleyball pit, and an obstacle course-type of playground where we let the kids play for a while. Even though we weren't there long, I really enjoyed myself. It was just a nice way to spend an hour.




No comments: