Monday, June 23, 2008

Looky what I got!

Today has been a pretty darn good day, so far. To tell the truth, about an hour ago I was starting to think that it was heading down hill, though.

This morning I got up earlier than I usually do and got lots done. I did a HUGE load of dishes, swept the floor, wiped down the table & chairs & every other surface I could, went upstairs and cleaned up my bedroom, wiped down the countertops in the bathroom (which were very gross), baked a loaf of bread with the kids (which turned out yummy!) then showered, dressed and gave the kids a bath while I put my make-up on. When Aaron called I was feeling pretty good about my domestically-inclined attitude and bragged to him about how much I'd done already. He made some crack about me being a good wife today, but I let it slide.

Then... things started to happen. Kids fighting, Hakan taking his diaper off (again), accidentally opening the neighbor's mail before realizing it wasn't mine. Just little annoying things like that. Plus, I was hungry. So were the kids, but I wasn't quite ready to make lunch, so I walked out to get the mail. I love mail. And today the mailbox was full. 2 packages, a catalog and some other junk. I had to see what I'd gotten before I could even think about lunch. One box was some Diddle Dumpling business cards, note cards, a personalized rubber stamp and a window decal that I'd ordered a couple of weeks ago. That was fun. But the other, well it was a total surprise. The label read that it was from my little sister, Jennifer. I thought, "What on earth could she be sending me?" I open it up, and inside is one of those Willow Tree figurine boxes. But for some reason I didn't think that's what was really inside. But guess what?






My reaction was, "What the...???" Seriously, that's what I said. I hadn't found the note yet, so I pulled the mailing envelope it had come in out of the trash and then it all made sense. What a sweet sister I have! She'd sent us an anniversary gift! That just totally made my day. Pyper goes, "Why are you smiling?" See, I hadn't been smiling much right before that. Just lots of snapping and growling and "Knock it off!". So, thanks Jennifer. That was really, truly, very sweet of you! Oh, and I haven't yet mentioned the lovely gift we received on the the morning of our anniversary from my parents. Aren't they pretty? They're still on my dresser and look as fresh as they did a week ago!