Monday, June 30, 2008

Today's project

Things around here have been rather quiet, lately. I've been trying to think of something to blog about for a few days now, and nothing has come to mind. When I first started this blog I would have half a dozen ideas for what I could write about before lunchtime! Or I'd be settling into bed at the end of the day and something would pop into my head, then I'd just have to run out to the computer to type it up or I just couldn't sleep. Silly, right? Now that my blogging fever has tapered off a bit, I don't feel quite as guilty when I spend half an hour or so posting, because it's not an everyday occurance anymore. This used to annoy Aaron, and he'd say sternly, "Live life, don't blog it!" Well, can't I do both? 'Moderation in all things' is what I've learned here.

As usual, an idea for a project and a post came at a random, inopportune time- in the shower. So before I could do my make-up, hair and get dressed, I had to do this project. For weeks now our closet has been a disaster. Really, it was bad. I'd walk in there and just sigh, overwhelmed by all the crap that had accumulated on the floor and shelves. I can't take all of the blame here, though. Half Aaron's wardrobe was piled up on the floor. It took an hour or so, but it's finally back to where it should be- nice and neat! I love this closet. It's one of the reasons I wanted this house. I've never had a walk-in closet before, and it's practically big enough to be another bedroom! I'm glad to have it back in order.

Anyway, here are some before and after's. I figured I might as well share the shameful state it was in before, so you can appreciate how nice it looks now that I'm all done. (Now, these pictures are pretty crappy, but have you ever tried to photograph a closet? Plus, I hate using my flash but had to since there was no light in there.)

Before...
clothes, garbage & boxes of stuff


shoes, fabric & toys



After! Lovely, isn't it?
Don't ask me why I have so dang many pairs of boots. It's a little riddiculous, I admit it. And yes, I color-coordinate my hanging stuff. Don't make fun. :P




4 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I really love an organized closet and I love doing the organizing. I swear people could hire me to organize their closets I enjoy it so much...but is mine organized right now?! No and I fully blame Cody...for at least half of it:) Very nice.

Amy S. said...

Wow, that looks great. Maybe you've inspired me to do my own. I loooove the feeling of a freshly cleaned closet.

Aaron Hillgrove said...

Thanks for cleaning the closet hun.

Anonymous said...

My cloths closet isn't nearly so big, but it could use a good going through--and my craft closet--and my kitchen drawers--and my bathroom cupboard...

But hey, I'm on vacation and I'll see if i still feel inspired when I get home...

Mom