Tuesday, June 24, 2008

thanks for little things

Today I'm taking a cue from my friend Beth and doing a post on things that I'm thankful for today. I read hers just before lunch time, which made me start to take note of those little occurances or everyday things that make me smile but would probably go unnoticed. Here are a few that have come up so far>

~Diet A&W. Need I say more?

~My silly, silly kids. They make me smile all the time with their innocent, funny little personalities and the way they express themselves. This is how they chose to dress for lunch. (I had to talk Hakan out of donning a pink floral princess dress to go with his Santa hat.)

~Zero point Boysenberry jam! Hallelujah!! Sooo yummy on my PB&J. (Yes, a lot of these have to do with food. Give me a break, I'm dieting!)

~Scooping into a brand new jar of peanut butter. It's so satisfying to cut into that smooth, perfect surface and extract the very first glob. What? Is that weird?

~Fresh flowers in my house. Currently I have this vase of daisies on my dining room table (which have lasted more than a week now!), and the lovely anniversary bouquet from Mom & Dad on my dresser. Flowers make me happy. :)

~The view from our landing. I've mentioned before that our house has 2 sides surrounded by an open field which will someday be a school or more houses. Right now it's filled with weeds, but a couple of weeks ago those weeds decided to flower and they're actually kinda pretty. The part of the field that I see from our landing window is full of these tiny white daisy-like flowers, with some kind of purple ones further back. They're wreaking havoc on my allergies, but they're nice to look at, huh?
~Claritin, so the above doesn't make me quite so sneezy and drippy.

~Music that I have to dance to, no matter how ridiculous it makes me look. While making lunch the kids and I were jamming to Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al", and "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson.


I'm going to keep paying attention for the rest of the day to see what other little things I'm thankful for. How about you? What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

ToDd said...

your comment about the peanut butter brought back memories of us kids fighting over who got the first spoonful. teehee

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I haven't been able to do much checking of blogs lately so I was happy to see there was a lot to catch up on. Happy 8 years! Wow, that's an amazing accomplisment. I think you look fabulous in all your pictures but good luck with the diet and I'm glad I could inspire you to make a thankful list. I've been doing a lot of complaining lately and felt I needed to reverse the negativity. Love all the pictures!

Bryce 'n Dena said...

HEY! It's my turn to get the first scoop of peanut butter!

Jennifer said...

i like this post a lot. i made a list one time of things i love... it was a very long list. i think i got up to like 80 or so! it was a great list. haha

well i was thinkin that since you are more experienced and better at blogging and stuff, maybe you'd want to put some links to some of our family's blogs like megan and tara and taylor. what do you think?